If you have been injured in an accident, the first step is to make sure that you get the proper medical attention. Once your condition has stabilized, then you can begin to consider getting some legal representation.
- In order for us to properly handle your personal injury claim, we will need your assistance with the following:
- Provide us with a complete chronological list of all health care providers that you have seen in connection with your accident. Follow your doctor’s advice precisely and tell me when he has finally discharged you from his care.
- Record all expenses you incur as a result of this accident and collect the bills.
- Keep a journal of your daily pain and suffering and the effect your injury has on everyday activities and relationships. Also, inform your doctor of all symptoms so that he has accurate and complete records of your treatment.
- Make a copy of your prescriptions.
- Do not sign any papers or discuss your claim with any insurance company, investigator or attorney other than someone from our firm.
The normal processing of a personal injury claim generally involves the following steps:
- The accident is investigated and necessary witness statements are secured;
- When your doctor discharges you, we collect and review all medical reports and bills, along with any record of lost earnings;
- After we carefully evaluate your case, we will attempt to negotiate an out-of-court settlement based on your injuries and the nature of your medical treatment;
- We will promptly advise you of the results of the negotiations with my recommendations and/or advice; and
- If no settlement can be achieved, we will institute a lawsuit on your behalf.